| |

ILCT allied health professionals can help you decide what modifications or equipment is needed for living independently in the community, tailoring advice and information to your situation. Solutions may involve changing a technique, using a service or technology, or making adaptations to the surrounding environment. Advice can be provided on equipment for personal care, mobility, seating, communication, memory, low vision and much more.

Occupational therapy

An Occupational Therapist [OT] assesses a person's functional ability in their environment to maintain independence and teaching them different ways to do a task or use equipment and technology to make tasks easier to complete.

Speech therapy

A Speech and Language Pathologist [SLP] assists with speech and swallowing difficulties, communication difficulties for understanding, expression (word/sentence production), social interaction and understanding body language. They work with people who have throat conditions, strokes or brain disorders and neurological conditions, such as motor neurone disease or Parkinson’s disease.


A physiotherapist assesses mobility and stability to assist a client improve their range of movement through gentle exercise. They also work with lifting and transferring clients, general walking and assisting people to get in and out of chairs, beds, and cars.

Please let us know if an interpreter is required when an appointment is made.

ILCT advice can include:

  • Bathing, dressing, personal care, medication management, eating, preparing meals or other household tasks
  • Telecommunication options, such as phones or personal alarms
  • Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
  • Literacy support
  • Alternative computer access options
  • Smart home technology and home automation
  • Commodes and other hygiene related equipment, such as toilet equipment, shower stool or bath board
  • Scooters and wheelchairs (manual and powered)
  • Office seating and ergonomics
  • General seating such as dining chair, lounge chair/recliner
  • Mobility, such as walking stick, crutches or walking frame
  • Low vision
  • Hearing impairment
  • Pressure management
  • Adjustable beds and bed equipment
  • Transfer, such as hoist, standing aids or transfer belt

Other Allied Health assessments include:

  • Functional assessment (OT)
  • Support needs assessments and care planning (OT)
  • Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) assessments (OT)
  • Functional and Life skills development (OT)
  • Home modification assessment (large and small) (OT)
  • Manual handling assessment (PT, OT)
  • Mobility assessment (PT)
  • Access consultancy services for public buildings (OT)
  • Mealtime management (SLP)
  • Ergonomics and workplace audit (OT)
  • Contact us to see if we can help you with your specific needs, even if they are not listed.